June 20, 2011

Schoooool and such

I haven't blogged in a while and an a lot has happened.

My Uncle and his wife had their baby last night! June 19th, 2011.  Fathers Day.  SO exciting!! He is damn beautiful and when Pete finally got the pictures up I started crying...I'm a slight emotional mess because it's only times like these that I hate being all far...on the other side of the world and all of that.  Damn Germany.  I'll get to see the baby when he's a bit bigger I guess...so that'll be fun.  That's what I tell myself anyways.

Next...Saturday we went to Berlin to see Sir Elton John preform!! An acquaintance had tickets that they couldn't use and they gave them to us.  It was very spur of the moment, Taylor had a Birthday slumber party so everything just fell into place.  We got up there about an hour and a half early and decided just to go into the venue after taking a few pictures of this really cool art/graffiti that was across from our walk.  Come to find out the art on the wall that was blocking the river was on the last main remaining 1.3km (largest remaining portion according to the stuff I can find anyways) of the Berlin Wall.  It's pretty silly that we didn't know that I guess...but like I said, we had no idea where we were, really.  I kind of had guessed that when we were in the rough area of town on our way in that we were in the former East Berlin just from the description that Micha had given me but I really didn't know...then as soon as we crossed the River Spree, things perked right back up and looked dramatically different.  It was weird.  It almost felt different.  East Berlin used to be Communist Germany (for those of you that don't know your history....or have forgotten, like I had and need a refresher) and I swear you could feel that still just sort of hanging in the air.  Once we crossed the river it felt lighter.  I swear to you.  Pictures on my FB.  The show was AMAZING.  I tried to upload the videos I took of Tiny Dancer and Benny & the Jets but it was going to take 6 hours because our net connection is slow...so maybe another day I'll have 6 hours to mess with the computer.  I'm sure I will.  So far I haven't.  I loved every single moment of the show and the entire trip.  So awesome!!!

I'm trying to figure out school now.  Some of the classes are up, the rest will be up the end of the month.  I know I'm taking English to get it out of the way and I think I'm taking Spanish.  I decided that no matter how confusing it is with my 5 years of French...it's going to be important to my career.  So I'm just going to do it.  Take 1 class every semester until I'm fluent-ish.  I had intended on taking German...but...well...ya know, Spanish will come in handy for the rest of my life and German would just come in handy for the next couple of years.  I know that sounds terrible but it's true.  I'm awful.  I'm picking up on a few German words, enough to not seem completely ignorant...so I guess that's good.  I need one more class.  I don't know what to take.  Sociology 100 would be good since I'm a Soc major...I need a Humanities class, which would be fun...I need a History based class, which I like (if they offer one, I can take a History based Humanities class and knock 'em both out, it says!).  I need to take my Math class at some point but I'd rather not right now.  I'm trying to make it one awful class at a time and plain English counts as an awful class.

Okay...back to...doing stuff I guess.  Hope everyone has a lovely Monday.

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment