December 28, 2010

I become legal...

I finally got my USAREUR license today.  So now I can drive slightly above the speed limit (and still get passed...have I mentioned how fast Audi's are?!?! Wow...when they pass me it's just a blur of rings) and not fear getting beaten by the police.  I liked all of the learning, especially the silly things.  Like that the Polizei can beat me up for...pretty much anything lol.  They can use force for a great many things.  It makes me very glad that I am a very boring law abiding citizen most of the time.  I also learned it's illegal to run over frogs.  And it's enforced.  Not that I'd run a frog over anyways.  I learned a lot.  Most importantly, I passed.  91%.  I was hoping to get a higher score but that just means I missed 9 questions...I guess that's not too bad since I only studied for about 45mins last night and there are a lot of weird laws (mostly right-of-ways and signs that are confusing...they have signs for EVERYTHING).  I can drive!!!!! I want to go to Czech like tomorrow.  But I probably won't.  Primarily because it won't stop snowing.  ARGH!

I got to talk to my Uncle and Dale last night, that was cool.  And good timing cause now I'm getting sick and won't want to talk.  My throat is closing up and I'm going to die cause I won't be able to breath...since my nose is also un-working.  I'm a tad dramatic.  I hate head colds though.  They are lame.  My neck and head feel like hell and I wouldn't be surprised, un-dramatically, if my head explodes.  Hmm, guess that's dramatic too.  I wonder if I started wearing a coat regularly if it would help.  I am more comfortable in hoodies.  Coats are overrated.  Except that I'm quite certain that a coat might help though.

So my awesome DC boots.  I still love them (though I shouldn't say "mine" since actually I ended up with Taylors and she took the ones I ordered for myself).  But.  Well...they aren't "quick on".  Okay, they're quick on but then hard to get off.  My foot does not want to come out.  I probably needed the size up.  And the liner thing just de-velcro's itself and comes out with my foot.  It's irritating.  If I'm going to wear them for a while they are amazing.  They are super comfy and obviously adorable.  But if I need to throw some boots on quickly to chase dogs or something (and I want to take them off quickly) they are not the boots.  So with my Uncle money I decided to get some easier to slip on boots.  I hope they work like that.  I hate not being about to try boots on.  My feet are too damn big.  Sigh.  It wasn't nice...my getting the boots.  They were $32 and the things I got Taylor and Danny were around $20 each.  But I also got one thing for all of us...so hopefully they forgive me.  I am putting pictures of the items here.  Primarily because I see that Lajo is "following" me and she'll appreciate the shirts, but also because I may talk Pete into checking out the blog.  So here we go:
This one is for Danny.  He likes the slapping.

  this one is for Taylor.  She wanders around saying this.  Which could be disturbing because it might mean she loves Barney Stinson as much as I do...and that's bad for her.  Good for me cause I've loved Neil since he was playing doctor on TV the first time...anyways, yes, she will love this shirt.
 My boots! They are Doc Martens <3 I went with the bright sun yellow cause they will make me feel less cold.  It's a theory.  It might work.  We'll see lol they are amazingly cute either way.
And this is for all of us.  We love Chuck very much.  I love Chuck for obvious reasons, I think Danny loves Sarah for also obvious reasons as well.  And I haven't even mentioned John Casey yet.  Mmm.  Taylor likes the show cause it's action packed but mostly hilarious.  And probably slightly more appropriate than How I Met Your Mother.

So yes.  That marks the end of the Christmas shopping.  With the exception of Grams everyone sent us Amazon gift cards.  It was kinda fun to be able to pick stuff myself, and still a surprise for Danny and Tay.  They don't know about that stuff up thurr.  I told Danny I was going to buy expensive boots and that was it.  Muwahahahahaha! I like surprising them.  I hate surprises for myself.  It's a control freak thing.

Soooo.  I really need to sleep.  Jasmine is sleeping over with Taylor and I *know they will wake me up early.  I have to be coherent enough to make coffee and muffins in the morning.  Coffee being the most important part of that equation.  And even though I am beyond exhausted I know I can't sleep.

I just realized that I have had this hair color longer than any other...probably ever.  I have touched up the red, green and purple once...and that's it.  I haven't cut up the black.  It's been a month and a half.  I have about 1/2 an inch of new growth which drives me crazy but I don't have the desire to fix it since it's not obvious at all.  I don't have the desire to change it either.  I really like these colors.  Inside they're subtle if noticeable at all but outside you can really see them.  I like that.  At my advanced age a little subtlety is a good thing.  I did find a grey hair while I was doing my vivid color touch up.  In the spot of hair that turned white when I had a collapsed lung.  I am thinking that just one or two is an improvement from that spot so I'm not worried about it.  Except I do feel a little ancient.  But I feel that way without the grey hairs so it's really nothing new.

Welllllll...since it's 2am I should probably stop writing.  Even if I can't sleep, I shall try.  It will be a valiant effort.

Word.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I NEEEEEEEEEEEED a slap bet t shirt lol...Dave is getting Barney's newest book today for Christmas from Rachel. He alread has the Bro Code lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty awesome, right? lol I knew you'd enjoy that. I think Danny got the new one on his Kindle...he said he was going to anyways. I want to read them soooo bad!!

    ReplyDelete