January 29, 2011

books books books

I went to the library today.  Taylor got a Buffy book.  Danny sat down and read a magazine.  I wandered around the Mythology, Philosophy and Social Sciences section for quite a while.  I was looking for some books on religion.  They didn't have an actual religious section, which was kind of odd to me.  They had a HUGE Christian collection ranging from Catholicism to Methodist literature.  There were 3 books on Mormonism (including the Book Of Mormon).  There was one shelf devoted to Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism.  A couple of shelves about Judaism.  And one shelf on Islam.  That was it.  Nothing else.  There was a small section of Sylvia Brown books and even smaller area on ghosts/paranormal anything.  I saw absolutely no books on Wicca.  Which is actually what I was looking for, specifically.  I was able to find a book on Crystals.  Which may be helpful, but probably not.  I got a book titled Illustrated Dictionary of Religions.  It looks fantastic.  It will contain more religions with hopefully good details.  I also got Mythology for Dummies and a book about dream interpretation.  Absolutely not what I was looking for.  I'm kind of bummed.  But I can do research on the net so it's alright I guess.  It's for a book, by the way.  I'm not converting.  Converting from what, I don't know.  But I'm not converting to Wicca.

Anyways.

Danny leaves for the field Monday.  It's going to be quiet around here.  I'm not looking forward to doing dishes.  I'm also bummed that he's leaving before pay day cause that means I have 1/2 a tank of gas in the Xterra and 3/4 in the Mazda.  I don't like not having full tanks.  Even though I don't go anywhere regularly.  I have a few things to do that week...so it's distressing.  Cause I'm easily stressed out.  He's only going to be gone 5 days, I act like it's two weeks.  I need to get on the registration so that this isn't an issue.  Can't do that until he returns.  Things like this irritate me.  I don't understand a gas rations card.  They allow you plenty.  More than enough even living way out here in the middle of nowhere.  Not to mention my name is on the stateside registration as well as the insurance.  It should be enough.  Oh well.  What can you do.

It's getting closer to time to start planning day trips.  I am heading out to Langen to pick up my puppy in about 2 weeks.  That's over near Frankfurt.  So I'd like to stop there and wander around some.  But around the beginning of March I would like to take another trip.  I just don't know where yet.  Somewhere puppy friendly, I think.  So we can take Jax.  Oh, and I want to go to Bayreuth.  To wander around the cemetery and check out some palaces, museums.  So maybe I'll plan that.

I am currently reading a Pretty Little Liars book.  It's interesting.  I read the first one and this is the 4th...so I'm lost.  But it's somethin'.  I am gonna go help do most of the dinner prep...then prepare for a bath complete with my book and some hot hot water cause baby it's cold outside.

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment