January 3, 2011

mmm books

I just finished my book.  It's kind of depressing.  Because since it's over that means I'll have to wait another 6mos or more to read the next installment.  And it's all free Kindle books fault.  I found a prequel novella to a series of books...read the 30 pages or so, and I was hooked.  I then bought the next 3 in the series on Kindle because I couldn't find them in paper.  Of course, now they are everywhere (here at the PX at least, which is the equivalent of everywhere in my little world).  There was even another prequel to the prequel novella released (also free).  But I had forgotten I had pre-ordered the next in the series until I turned my Kindle on searching for something to read...and there it was.  Magic.  I started it last night and finished it today.  I'm not saying it's for everyone by any means but I would recommend the series to anyone that is into the paranormal/supernatural type books.

The Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent.  If you have a Kindle I recommend getting the novella that is still free first, it's called Reaper  Then you can see if you like them.  If not, go all out and buy the first book, My Soul To Take.  I can't get enough.  I like the books because they're different.  I've read books about fairies, goblins, pixies, vampires, werewolves, succubi, vampire hunters...I'm sure there are more.  But this series is about the Bean Sidhe, or Banshees.  There are demons and such, of course.  And "netherworld" creatures.  The best character in my personal opinion is Tod.  He's a Reaper.  But in a fairly non-creepy way.

Yes, they are YAFiction.  But then, so is Twilight.  And HP I guess.  I enjoy.

I have my Doc appt tomorrow finally.  It's going to be great.  I keep telling myself that.  I'm pretty sure I have impetigo again.  Maybe he'll address that as well as refill my meds.  I'm really hoping he doesn't give me trouble about refilling my Lamictal.  Or Wellbutrin for that matter.  The rest I feel pretty "eh" about but those two are essential.  I've heard that the MD's like to send patients to the PsyMD for refills on those meds.  Which is great...except that I don't have time.  I just too my last Lamictals tonight.  So if they don't give me something I might have to get grumpy.  I shouldn't over think this.  I really am though.  Like what will I say if they say...yeah, it's bad.

I'm so tired...I don't get it.  It's only 10:30.  It could be cause I didn't sleep last night.  But I know that if I go lay down I won't be sleeping anyways, I'll just be laying there playing Pogo on my iPod.  Lame.  My head hurts.  Lamer.  I guess I should go.  Pogo on here for a while before I go lay down with portable Pogo.

Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment